Is There Mold In Your Home?

Everyone is exposed to some mold on a daily basis. Molds are organisms that are found indoors and out. They are part of the natural environment and play an important role in our ecological system by breaking down and digesting organic material.  

Some molds, depending on the exposure level, can have negative health effects on sensitive portions of our population. Mold spores primarily cause health issues when they enter the air and are inhaled, especially when spore counts are elevated. 

Mold needs moisture to grow but only takes 24-48 hours to start growing after a water event such as a flood, plumbing  or roof leak. High moisture levels in a home or an area of a home due to lack of ventilation can also cause mold to grow.

Some possible indicators of mold in your home are:

  • Musty odors
  • Discoloration on walls or ceiling surfaces
  • Stained carpets
  • Unexplained or sudden onset of allergic reactions when in the home
  • Chronic respiratory or sinus issues

If you suspect mold in your home, contact us today to schedule an inspection and testing. 530-616-8005

IAC2-94058 Certified

Our lab is AIHA Accredited

Our Mold Testing Process

Mold can be visible, air-born or hiding in walls, ceilings and floors. As a Certified Mold Inspector, when I visit your home I know exactly what to look for. Along with a visual inspection, my mold inspection and testing process includes gathering the following samples:

Indoor air quality testing

Visible mold testing

In-wall testing

Once the samples have been collected we send them overnight to a lab for testing and provide your results in 3 business days. Our written report gives test results with easy to read explanations and recommendations. 


Air Sample Testing

Air sample testing allows us to measure the type and amount of mold spores that are airborne inside a dwelling or room. A minimum of two samples must be taken. One outdoors as a control sample and one indoors. 

Surface Testing

Surface testing allows us to determine the type of mold and whether or not it is active on a surface. Surface samples are less intrusive to take in an occupied home and can be taken in situations where air samples can not.